    SQL Server, please tell me!

    Cheers,
    Jason
    Linda, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Linda

    tribal Guest

    Linda,

    Have you looked at adding the following in your deny
    users = "?" in the authorization section of your
    web.config file

    You can also get the NTLogin information of the logged
    in user from User.Identity.Name property

    Hope this helps

    add the ASPNET
    >user name to the SQL Server user accounts. I want a

    user to use
    >windows authentication to log into the site, and then

    have their own
    >specific
    >credentials passed on to SQL Server, which will

    determine what access
    >rights that user has to the database.
    >
    >I have seen this Microsoft article 316989
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=316989,

    but it does not
    >provide a solution that meets my needs. If there is a

    way to
    >programmatically override asp.net from providing the

    MachineName\ASPNET user

    tribal, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Linda,

    If you are using Windows Authentication for the site, why not use
    impersonation?

    That would solve your problem because it would automatically sync up the
    user accounts.

    Or is your SQL Server not on the same network?

    Really impersonation is the best way, but I do remember a Visual Studio
    Magazine article on how to impersonate a user selectively. I think it's what
    you need:

    www.visualstudiomagazine.com top right of page enter locator + code:
    VS0405QA_T

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzsche

    S. Justin Gengo, Aug 17, 2004
  4. I have the same problem but I got it to work. Following information might
    help:

    ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vbcon/html/vbtskAccessingSQLServerUsingWindowsIntegratedSecurity.htm

    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Oct 24, 2004