Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated vs asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rl30, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. rl30

    rl30 Guest

    ASP.NET vs SQL Server¸

    I have an ASP.NET Application
    In IIS I checked the Integrated Windows Authentication
    option

    In Web.Config the connection string include Integrated
    Security = SSPI
    and Impersonate=true in Web.Config

    When I start then Web Application I have this messge
    Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
    with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    Could you help me

    PS My account have the permission to connect to SQl Server

    the security model is base on role security
    I have many users
    rl30, Aug 15, 2003

  2. rl30

    emachine Guest

    "rl30" <> wrote in message
    > ASP.NET vs SQL Server¸

    That's definately what it feels like sometimes.

    > In Web.Config the connection string include Integrated
    > Security = SSPI
    > and Impersonate=true in Web.Config
    >
    > When I start then Web Application I have this messge
    > Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
    > with a trusted SQL Server connection.

    You probably need to allow the IUSR_<serverName> user access to the
    database. If you turn on impersonation in ASP.NET without specifying what
    user to impersonate, I believe it defaults to impersonating the IIS
    anonymous logon user, which is IUSR_<serverName> by default. Everyone
    visiting the website will impersonate as IUSR_<serverName> (instead of the
    default ASPNET user).

    > the security model is base on role security
    > I have many users

    Do you want forms authentication integrated with Active Directory users? If
    so, that becomes a little more complex than simply turning on Impersonation
    in the Web.Config file. The web.config file only gives you the ability to
    impersonate everyone as 1 single user.
    emachine, Aug 15, 2003