login with built-in popup window?

PJ6

I've seen web pages where logging in will pop up a stardardized dialgue
window, one that allows you to remember your password.

How does one invloke this in code?

Does it work reasonably well for different borwsers?

Paul

Guest

Can you give a little more information, maybe a url to a page we can visit so
we can see the dialog you're looking for ?

Mark Rae

I've seen web pages where logging in will pop up a stardardized dialgue
window, one that allows you to remember your password.

How does one invloke this in code?

You can use the showModalDialog method of the window object, and store the
password as a cookie - that, of course, would be a really stupid thing to
do.
Does it work reasonably well for different borwsers?

showModalDialog really only works properly in IE, though it has been
implemented in the most recent version of FireFox, IIRC...

ScottStoecker

Assuming you want to do this with .NET... If the CheckBox control is
checked, then use the Cookies collection object to store the username
and pw in a cookie then, when the user returns to the page, check if
the user has a cookie stored. If so, retrieve it from the users system
and populate the textboxes. Not the more secure option, but effective.