long double literal

Ioannis Vranos

Do we designate a long double literal using an L after a floating point
literal, in the style:

long double d= 543.4545L;

Ioannis Vranos

Walter said:
Unless it got revoked in C95 ;-) I pulled the information from C89.

OK, thanks. AFAIK, C95 didn't revoke anything, bug fixes and 3 new
standard header files in summary.

Falcon Kirtaran

Ioannis said:
Do we designate a long double literal using an L after a floating point
literal, in the style:

long double d= 543.4545L;

I have used a lowercase l for this.

Micah Cowan

Falcon Kirtaran said:
I have used a lowercase l for this.

That's not a great idea, given that l and 1 look very very similar in
many fonts commonly used for viewing program sources.

santosh

jaysome wrote:

<snip>

What a complete turnaround WRT your sig. You used to fervently tout
Vista, what happened?

Richard Heathfield

santosh said:
jaysome wrote:

<snip>

What a complete turnaround WRT your sig. You used to fervently tout
Vista, what happened?

Presumably, Vista happened.

CBFalconer

Randy said:
Richard Heathfield wrote

Yeah, but to go to Ubuntu, it must have caused brain damage when
it did.

Well, that is one of the known prime effects of Vista. It is
simply the culmination of Microsoft efforts so far.