LONG_BIT PROBLEM on Sun Solaris 5.8 linking python

Nancy

I know there are lots of messages about this already posted but Im
seeing this on Solaris 5.8. Sunfire
I'm using the sun compiler. All the other messages blamed it on linux
red hat gcc compilers and glib. Thanks.

"/depot/Python-2.4/include/python2.4/pyport.h", line 612: #error:
"LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?).

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Nancy said:
I know there are lots of messages about this already posted but Im
seeing this on Solaris 5.8. Sunfire
I'm using the sun compiler. All the other messages blamed it on linux
red hat gcc compilers and glib. Thanks.

So what is the value of SIZEOF_LONG in pyconfig.h?
When you compile the file

#include <limits.h>

LOOK HERE: LONG_BIT

with

cc -E -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 a.c

what output do you get after LOOK HERE?

Regards,
Martin