Looking for a framework...

Duane Morin

This may seem an odd question but I really have no idea where to post
it. I have a laptop that I want to hook up to my tv in order to do
image slide shows, but also maybe a couple of RSS feeds and perhaps a
background MP3 player. I hope to find something written in Java
because that's what I can code. I am NOT looking for a pre-existing
app - i've searched sourceforge and freshmeat all I can and have not
found what I want.

Instead I'm wondering if anybody knows about any application building
frameworks that might be a good place to start. I figure that I need
something that tightly integrates the java media framework, for
starters. No sense in writing everything from scratch if something
already exists that I can bootstrap with, so I figured no harm in
asking.

Thanks!

Duane