Looking for a good C++ logging library

bill1974

I'm looking for a good logging library that is easy to use, and well
documented.
I've already looked at log4cxx, log4cplus, and Log4cpp.

Either I couldn't find the documentation, or I couldn't figure out how
to get them to work with my code.

Does any one know of a good logging library that is easy to use, easy
to add to an existing project, and that is well documented.

Axter

I'm looking for a good logging library that is easy to use, and well
documented.
I've already looked at log4cxx, log4cplus, and Log4cpp.

Either I couldn't find the documentation, or I couldn't figure out how
to get them to work with my code.

Does any one know of a good logging library that is easy to use, easy
to add to an existing project, and that is well documented.

I recommend EzLogger
http://axter.com/ezlogger

EzLogger is more flexible than those libraries you posted, and it's
very easy to add to your project, since it requires no *.cpp files.
It's documentation is fair.
I'm not aware of any C++ logging libraries that have excellent
documentation.
IMHO, the EzLogger documentation is better than any other C++ logging
library that I've reviewed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------

David Maisonave
http://axter.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------

ma740988

EzLogger is more flexible than those libraries you posted, and it's
very easy to add to your project, since it requires no *.cpp files.
It's documentation is fair.
I'm not aware of any C++ logging libraries that have excellent
documentation.
IMHO, the EzLogger documentation is better than any other C++ logging
library that I've reviewed.
Granted, the machine I'm posting from is in need of a compiler. That
said, perhaps I may have overlooked something on the site. I see
EzLogger gives the file/function names etc, nonetheless, does EzLogger
offer a similar capability to inform me of:
1. When I entered/exited a function.
2. Something akin to the GNU PRETTY_FUNCTION macro. Yes/yes
PRETTY_FUNCTION is non-standard but ..

When dealing with logging libraries I realize we could spend all day
trying to accomodate user requirements but from my perspective, I
suspect those were the only two things ( based on a cursory look) that
I might have been missing.

Axter

ma740988 said:
Granted, the machine I'm posting from is in need of a compiler. That
said, perhaps I may have overlooked something on the site. I see
EzLogger gives the file/function names etc, nonetheless, does EzLogger
offer a similar capability to inform me of:
1. When I entered/exited a function.
2. Something akin to the GNU PRETTY_FUNCTION macro. Yes/yes
PRETTY_FUNCTION is non-standard but ..

When dealing with logging libraries I realize we could spend all day
trying to accomodate user requirements but from my perspective, I
suspect those were the only two things ( based on a cursory look) that
I might have been missing.

EzLogger support the __FUNCTION__ macro which is used in VC++ 7.x, 8.0,
G++ 3.x and 4.x.