Logging library for C++.

hello!

I am looking for a logging library in C++, I know log4cpp but is not
updated for years!
Is there any better, up to date lib?

thanks in advance,
George

blytkerchan

g said:
I am looking for a logging library in C++, I know log4cpp but is not
updated for years!
Is there any better, up to date lib?
I wouldn't write off a library just because it's stable: it's part of
Debian, the most recent modifications are stability issues and a brief
survey of the code looks good. The most recent change IO've seen is
from 2005, but the most serious problem reported on their forums is a
spurious semicolon at the end of a namespace - which is not all that
serious..

I think it's a relatively safe bet to have a closer look at the code
and, if it meets your standards, go with it.

rlc

Earl Purple

Girish said:

joke of a library they want us to use here.

They managed to write the Java version without macros so why couldn't
they do the same for C++?

Plus using any 3rd party library without the source means you are
restricted to whatever it has been compiled on. They have a gcc 3.4.2
build here but no 4.1.1 so that would restrict me.

All this just to log stuff?