Looking for a good host for my ASP.NET 3.5 website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Mar 13, 2010.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hi

    As stated in the title I'm looking for a good host for my asp.net 3.5
    website (with sqlserver2005 database)

    Currently the site is hosted by Webhuset in Norway and I'm not satisfied
    with their services, it's a nightmare:
    - My site got hacked, without the support team having any clue how it could
    happend
    - When I call the support yesterday the guy suddenly just hang up the phone,
    think it was his end of the day and wanted a to go home.
    - They are unwilling to give me log so I can solve a 404 issue I see in the
    statistics
    - Right now it takes very long time to load my website, about 1 minute in
    IE, I've tryed to ping the webserver and 50% of the packets are lost. And
    this morning it's impossible to upload/update the site via ftp because I get
    a timeout in the ftp program. Have the wait minutes to get logged in.
    Yesterday it took seconds - Not good for ranking in google to have such a
    unreliable host.
    - I cannot contact them now about my issues have to wait until monday.

    So I'm looking for something better than this, this is my critera:
    - reliable host
    - good support
    - support for asp.net 3.5 and mssql
    - iis7 (so site can utilize enble compression)
    - good statics, allowing me to solve 404 issues
    - makes the site quick to load, Goolge Webmaster Tools says now that my site
    is "slower than 56% of the websites on internet", that is not very good -
    wants to improve it
    - of course I want to be cheap. At Webhuset I can upgrade my hosting from
    shared hosting to virtual server. Suppose using virtual server is faster,
    but it costs $30 per month - Hope there are hosts offering virtual server
    for less money than that and still is more reliable.
    - Would prefer to have site hosted in USA, Canada or England - site has
    English content

    any suggestions?

    Jeff, Mar 13, 2010

  2. Mark Rae [MVP], Mar 13, 2010

  3. Jeff

    Miro Guest

    I use www.discountasp.net
    and am pleased with them.

    they have a euro server and a north american server

    I have been using them for about 3 years now.
    I have 2 different buisness websites running on them ( on 2 of their
    different servers ).

    This year was the first year 1 of those servers was down for 1 whole day.
    ( first downtime ever i have experienced ).
    Someone elses website was getting a Denial of Service attack on it, and they
    had to do some things on their side to prevent it.
    Only the 1 server was down, and the other was just fine.

    1 day in 3 years - im very happy with that. That is better than their 99.9%
    uptime :)

    Cheers'

    M.

    Miro, Mar 15, 2010