Looking for a good search mecnism which can be used for application?

vj

Hi i have a requirement where i have to find out
strings,files,names,data etc.(may be in database,files or whatever)
Anyone knows how search enginees work basically for finding any name
they check for all possibility.
Eg: If i search for java it will give informatio of java
books,sites-url,all links,full information about java etc.
so how exactly they do all this.
I just need an extarct from whole of this.
The concept they follow or do they append some string values or add
after or whatever they do.

Actually in my application i have a requirement where strings,files has
to be searched(along with all possibilties).We are placing information
in our database,files etc.
SO when i say search for "name";it sholud start searching "name" in all
tables,databse,files along with all other nearer possibilities of
"name"+"ing" or "ed" or anything else just like yahoo,goole or any
other search engine does all this.

I need to know mechanism follwed by them.
I don't want all complexities but i sholud be able to make good search
in my aplication.Security wise i am not much bothered as only in my
application if you are searching anything file,word or whatever you
should get the information and its related links thats my requiremnt.

I have got a link where i tried to get something:
but its free version is giving some error.
Anyone can test this also.

http://www.dbsight.net/?q=node/47

Please provide me information links whatever is possible.
Any idea highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vijendra

Chris Smith

vj said:
Hi i have a requirement where i have to find out
strings,files,names,data etc.(may be in database,files or whatever)
Anyone knows how search enginees work basically for finding any name
they check for all possibility.
Eg: If i search for java it will give informatio of java
books,sites-url,all links,full information about java etc.
so how exactly they do all this.
I just need an extarct from whole of this.
The concept they follow or do they append some string values or add
after or whatever they do.

Google for "Lucene". I don't know if Lucene does the variations in
grammar that you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

Anyone knows how search enginees work basically for finding any name
they check for all possibility.

they build indexes, essentially HashMaps with part of the data on
disk.

They can split the index over many different machines. The first job
is to route the query to the machine with the right part of the index.

vj

I have to create a search which can find all words,files,names,urls
etc.It should be able to get information from database as well as
files.But what about all words match.what mechnism all search engines
uses for all this.how do i expect to get all information for searching
in a proper way.i tried dbsignt.net
They follow some Indexing mechnism.
Google uses some spider mechnism to establish relationship between
url's and there respective words.then for updating every new link do
they creating index again & again.or some way they do it
automatically.I heard that they give some ranking to sites on basis of
frequency and shape etc.My requirement is not as big.I just need to
search all data present in my application wherever it is,in whichever
form.
Please guide me if you can.

Thanks
Vijendra