    am sure that it is out there somewhere?

    thank you soooo much :)

    ryan
    ryan, May 18, 2006

  2. ryan

    Randy Webb Guest

    ryan said the following on 5/18/2006 7:55 AM:
    > that will

    What will? The Subject line should stand on it's own, as should the post
    itself. Don't assume the reader can see both at the same time.

    > make sure all fields are entered.
    > make sure age is between 3- 99
    > and make sure the email is valid
    > I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is complete. I
    > am sure that it is out there somewhere?

    You are not going to find a perfect complete example of that, you will
    find an example of each part, then you will have to combine them. You
    say you searched Google but did you search the group Archives of
    comp.lang.javascript? It is there, I promise.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, May 18, 2006

  3. ryan

    ryan Guest

    i thought it would be such a common form that i would stumble across one.

    thanks for the info
    i'll keep looking

    regards,
    ryan

    ryan, May 18, 2006
  4. ryan

    ryan Guest

    ryan, May 18, 2006
  5. Re: Looking for a simple Javascript Form please :)

    ryan wrote:
    <snip>
    > make sure age is between 3- 99

    <snip>

    What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
    year old?

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, May 18, 2006
  6. ryan

    Randy Webb Guest

    ryan said the following on 5/18/2006 8:31 AM:

    Please quote what you are replying to.

    "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    article headers.

    > this is pretty much what im after.

    What is?

    > any ideas why it doesnt popup with errors?
    >
    > http://www.devshed.com/c/a/JavaScript/Form-Validation-with-JavaScript/1/

    Maybe there aren't any errors to "popup"?

    That script is poorly written, but that aside, do you have it in a test
    page somewhere online? Post a URL to your page that isn't working properly.

    Also, you may want to read the two references in my signature.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, May 18, 2006
  7. ryan

    Randy Webb Guest

    Richard Cornford said the following on 5/18/2006 8:34 AM:
    > ryan wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> make sure age is between 3- 99

    > <snip>
    >
    > What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
    > year old?

    100th Birthday Party planning?

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, May 18, 2006
  8. Re: Looking for a simple Javascript Form please :)

    Randy Webb wrote:
    > Richard Cornford said the following on 5/18/2006 8:34 AM:
    > > ryan wrote:
    > > <snip>
    > >> make sure age is between 3- 99

    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
    > > year old?

    > 100th Birthday Party planning?

    Starting to plan a 100th birthday from the age of 3 seems a little
    optemistic. :)

    Richard.
    Richard Cornford, May 18, 2006
  9. Looking for a simple Javascript Form please :)

    JRS: In article <446c609c$0$25132$>, dated
    Thu, 18 May 2006 21:55:15 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript,
    ryan <> posted :

    Only the naive assume that the Subject line is necessarily readily
    readable while the body of an article is being read. Read the newsgroup
    FAQ, via sig.

    >that will
    >
    >make sure all fields are entered.
    >make sure age is between 3- 99
    >and make sure the email is valid
    >

    >I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is complete. I
    >am sure that it is out there somewhere?

    Read <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-valid.htm>.

    An E-mail address can be tested for compliance with applicable format
    standards, but there's no way of checking that it will be deliverable.

    My ISP's news system does not believe in news:alt.comp.lang.javascript .

    Dr John Stockton, May 18, 2006