looking for a tool

Piotr Zbyszyñski

Hello

I would like to store some set of press articles in XML format compliant
with XCES.

I need a tool that sees this set as a XML data base. This tool should allow
to:

- add text to a database

- get text from a database

- get subsequent sentence from database

- get specific sentence from database (every sentence should have unique
identifier)

- query database

The program should run on Linux, and should store data in XML files (it can'
t be ordinary database which use BLOBS for example). Tools that are
compliant with for example XQuery, XQL, XPath, SQL are preferred.

Could anybody recommend me some tool that fulfils these requirements?

Thanks in advance.