    Do I need to buy software then set something up with bank? I am a real
    neophyte, could learn but having problem finding sources. Perhaps this
    newsgroup could point me in the right direction? Please? Dick Ross

    ross, Sep 24, 2003

  2. ross

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "ross" <>
    writing in news:3f71fbe7_1@127.0.0.1:

    > Do I need to buy software then set something up with bank? I am a real
    > neophyte, could learn but having problem finding sources. Perhaps this
    > newsgroup could point me in the right direction? Please? Dick Ross

    It really depends on your needs. If you're doing a full on store, you
    probably want to set up a merchant account with your bank, get a database
    driven e-commerce site with shopping cart and secure credit card
    processing.

    If you don't have that much money to throw around, check out some services
    like http://www.paypal.com , or http://www.ccnow.com , or even check out
    Yahoo's small business services http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/merchant/ .

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Sep 24, 2003

  3. ross

    PeterMcC Guest

    ross wrote:
    > Do I need to buy software then set something up with bank? I am a real
    > neophyte, could learn but having problem finding sources. Perhaps this
    > newsgroup could point me in the right direction? Please? Dick Ross

    This is a useful UK based site - you may find something of value there.

    http://www.runtimeuk.com/index_trading_online.asp

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Sep 24, 2003
  4. ross

    Talc Ta Matt Guest

    If you have no clue what you are doing you may want to just set up a store at
    Yahoo (as another poster mentioned). I don't know if they charge a setup fee or
    not, but I'd imagine it's the easiest to use.

    Ebay offers stores too.

    Next step up would be using your own shopping cart script (there are free
    versions available) and a 3rd party biller (such as iBill.com). If you were
    only selling one product you wouldn't even need a shopping cart script.

    If that's not enough, then comes the merchant account, processer, cart....
    Which means a much larger investment.

    Talc Ta Matt, Sep 25, 2003