looking for ablity to sell on internet

ross

Do I need to buy software then set something up with bank? I am a real
neophyte, could learn but having problem finding sources. Perhaps this
newsgroup could point me in the right direction? Please? Dick Ross

Adrienne

Do I need to buy software then set something up with bank? I am a real
neophyte, could learn but having problem finding sources. Perhaps this
newsgroup could point me in the right direction? Please? Dick Ross

It really depends on your needs. If you're doing a full on store, you
probably want to set up a merchant account with your bank, get a database
driven e-commerce site with shopping cart and secure credit card
processing.

If you don't have that much money to throw around, check out some services
like http://www.paypal.com , or http://www.ccnow.com , or even check out
Yahoo's small business services http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/merchant/ .

Talc Ta Matt

If you have no clue what you are doing you may want to just set up a store at
Yahoo (as another poster mentioned). I don't know if they charge a setup fee or
not, but I'd imagine it's the easiest to use.

Ebay offers stores too.

Next step up would be using your own shopping cart script (there are free
versions available) and a 3rd party biller (such as iBill.com). If you were
only selling one product you wouldn't even need a shopping cart script.

If that's not enough, then comes the merchant account, processer, cart....
Which means a much larger investment.