    (apparently) doesn't exist in Python?

    Kind regards,
    antoine

    Antoine De Groote, Mar 4, 2007

  2. It was Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:38:16 +0100, when Antoine De Groote wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been googling for quite a while now but can't find anything about a
    > function/keyword to make a list (or something else) immutable. Could
    > anybody point me to docs about this matter or give me a reason why this
    > (apparently) doesn't exist in Python?

    what about a tuple?

    --
    regards,
    BBBart

    My family is dysfunctional and my parents won't empower me. Consequently
    I'm not self actualized. -- Calvin

    Bart Van Loon, Mar 4, 2007

  3. On Mar 4, 7:38 pm, Antoine De Groote <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've been googling for quite a while now but can't find anything about a
    > function/keyword to make a list (or something else) immutable. Could
    > anybody point me to docs about this matter or give me a reason why this
    > (apparently) doesn't exist in Python?

    First result from google 'python freeze object':

    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0351/

    The PEP was rejected but the document contains a link to a discussion
    about why there is no such thing in python:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-February/060793.html

    HTH

    --
    Arnaud

    Arnaud Delobelle, Mar 4, 2007
  4. yes thanks, that is quite what I was looking for.

    Antoine De Groote, Mar 4, 2007