Looking for some help --- I don't mind paying...

Mac Stevens

Hello,

I don't know whether this is the right group to post a help wanted ad
to or not. If this is the wrong place, please let me know the right
place.

I run a web development business. I'm looking for someone good in
Photoshop, CSS and Html and has a good working knowledge of installing
scripts, understands how to work with some of the major shopping cart
systems (like 1shoppingcart.com) etc...

The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
enough experience, don't apply.

If you don't accept PayPal -- don't apply.

It's only part-time work. But you must be ready to take on the
projects you are sent. The turn around time has to be very quick. If
not, you won't be with me for very long.

Email me your resume.

Thanks,
Mac

Chaddy2222

Hello,

I don't know whether this is the right group to post a help wanted ad
to or not. If this is the wrong place, please let me know the right
place.

I run a web development business. I'm looking for someone good in
Photoshop, CSS and Html and has a good working knowledge of installing
scripts, understands how to work with some of the major shopping cart
systems (like 1shoppingcart.com) etc...

The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
Your jokeing! The going rate for a web designer is $50 / $100 per
hour!.

mrcakey

Mac Stevens said:
The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
enough experience, don't apply.

If you don't accept PayPal -- don't apply.

And there I was thinking "wow, £7.50 an hour - that's a whole £2 an hour
more than I get at my job serving burgers at McDonalds", but now I can't
apply because I don't have PayPal. Rats.

+mrcakey

SAZ

This is a joke posting, correct???

I run a web development business. I'm looking for someone good in
Photoshop, CSS and Html and has a good working knowledge of installing
scripts, understands how to work with some of the major shopping cart
systems (like 1shoppingcart.com) etc...

The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
enough experience, don't apply.

Let's get this straight - you run a web development business and you
think $15/hour is adequate pay for all the skills you require??? Do you
really run a web development business? It doesn't seem possible because
then you would know that the pay should be $50/hour or better.
If you don't accept PayPal -- don't apply.

It's only part-time work. But you must be ready to take on the
projects you are sent. The turn around time has to be very quick. If
not, you won't be with me for very long.

At $15/hour, quick is unheard of, as well as good work.
Email me your resume.

For $15/hour, who needs a resume? I could go to JCPenney and make that
much without all these hassles or quailifications - and I'd get a check,
not a PayPal payment.

Bergamot

Mac said:
I run a web development business. I'm looking for someone good...
The pay is $15 per hour US currency.

You can have good or you can have cheap, but you're not likely to get
both in the same person. If you're not willing to raise the pay, lower
your expectations. A lot.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:43:19 GMT
SAZ scribed:
For $15/hour, who needs a resume? I could go to JCPenney and make that
much without all these hassles or quailifications - and I'd get a check,
not a PayPal payment.

But you wouldn't have the satisfaction of knowing you're making the world a
better place for ecommerce... <g>

(Btw, sorry for my abrupt disappearance from the other thread but I was
unexpectedly obliged to go out of town for a bit.)

dorayme

Bergamot said:
You can have good or you can have cheap, but you're not likely to get
both in the same person. If you're not willing to raise the pay, lower
your expectations. A lot.

The expression is: "There is good, quick and cheap. Pick any two."

asdf

The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
enough experience, don't apply.

You idiot. At that rate only slow and inexperienced folks *will* apply.

LMGDAO

Travis Newbury

The pay is $15 per hour US currency. If you're too slow or don't have
enough experience, don't apply.
If you don't accept PayPal -- don't apply.

Disregard these fools! I will create you an all FLASH e-commerce site
and turn you to the dark side!!!!

Bwhannnnaaaaa

Bergamot

Travis said:
Disregard these fools! I will create you an all FLASH e-commerce site
and turn you to the dark side!!!!

Bwhannnnaaaaa

Can you really do that for just $15 an hour? Flash must be easier that I
thought. :)

Travis Newbury

Can you really do that for just $15 an hour? Flash must be easier that I
thought. :)

Actually there are two reasons I would not take this job, the least of
them being the money. The main reason I would not take this job is
because an e-commerce site should be built using flexible width, with
nothing fun or fancy. And while I "could" build a site like that I
find building them rather dull and boring.

See I don't disagree with any of you about the right way to build a
site like that. That's exactly why I don't build sites like this. I
build fun sites, I build for the entertainment industry where I can be
creative and have fun. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong
building e-commerce sites someone has to do it. I just don't like to
do it.

Andrew

Travis said:
an e-commerce site should be built using flexible width, with
nothing fun or fancy. And while I "could" build a site like that I
find building them rather dull and boring.

I don't get what you mean here.

I get that you could find a flexible width site with nothing fun or
fancy boring to build.

Is a fixed width site with nothing fun or fancy boring to build too?

Is a flexible width site with fun and fancy stuff interesting to build?

Where does a fixed width/fun and fancy side rank?

Did you introduce too many variable there? Not having a go at you, just
interested to know the relationship between flexible width and dull and
boring.

Andrew

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
Travis Newbury said:
The main reason I would not take this job is
because an e-commerce site should be built using flexible width

.... and, of course, you don't like flexibility except where it
comes to the ultimate flexible, the motherhood statement and
letting everyone do whatever they like.

Travis Newbury

I don't get what you mean here.

What don't you get? I don't enjoy making e-commerce sites. I find
the coding to be dull, I find the artistic liberties to be stifling.
I just don't enjoy making them. What's not to get?
I get that you could find a flexible width site with nothing fun or
fancy boring to build.
Is a fixed width site with nothing fun or fancy boring to build too?

If it were a fixed width e-commerce site? Yea, that would be just as
dull
Where does a fixed width/fun and fancy side rank?

Fixed or flexible is irrelevant. The content, and the liberties
allowed with the presentation of that content is what I find dull.
Did you introduce too many variable there? Not having a go at you, just
interested to know the relationship between flexible width and dull and
boring.

Answered above.

Travis Newbury

<[email protected]
m>,

... and, of course, you don't like flexibility except where it
comes to the ultimate flexible, the motherhood statement and
letting everyone do whatever they like.

Flexibility has nothing to do with what I like to build. Liberties/
restrictions in the presentation of the content is the difference.

timothytoe

<[email protected]
m>,

... and, of course, you don't like flexibility except where it
comes to the ultimate flexible, the motherhood statement and
letting everyone do whatever they like.

I don't understand the $15 an hour part. That's about 1/6 what it
should be, so I'm going to assume that at that rate I'm getting paid
48 hours a day.

Is that right? What sort of math do I need to figure this out?

Andrew

Travis said:
What don't you get? I don't enjoy making e-commerce sites. I find
the coding to be dull, I find the artistic liberties to be stifling.
I just don't enjoy making them. What's not to get?

Got you now. I read "like that" as applying to "flexible width, nothing
fun or fancy" rather than to e-commerce sites.
Fixed or flexible is irrelevant. The content, and the liberties
allowed with the presentation of that content is what I find dull.

Can't blame you for that.

Andrew