looking for template package

Neal Becker

I'm looking for something to do template processing. That is, transform
text making various substitutions. I'd like to be able to do substitutions
that include python expressions, to do arithmetic computations within
substitutions.

I know there are lots of template packages, but most seem aimed at web use.
This is just text processing, not part of any web stuff.

Any suggestions?

Bruno Desthuilliers

Neal Becker a écrit :
I'm looking for something to do template processing. That is, transform
text making various substitutions. I'd like to be able to do substitutions
that include python expressions, to do arithmetic computations within
substitutions.

I know there are lots of template packages, but most seem aimed at web use.

"most" ? At least 4 of them are just text-based:
- Mako
- Cheetah
- Django's template (can be used standalone)
- Jinja (inspired from Django's)