Looking for web software in Python.

Kevin Ar18

Are any of the following pieces of web software available in Python (under a non-copyleft license like BSD or MIT or Python license)?

Mailing list - with web accessable archive and list maintenance.
Source control
Wiki System

Again, only non-copyleft licenses like MIT, BSD, or public domain.

Or would I be better off with PHP?

BTW, does anyone know where that project is that was working on a forum made with Python?
More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.

Diez B. Roggisch

Kevin said:
Are any of the following pieces of web software available in Python (under
a non-copyleft license like BSD or MIT or Python license)?

Mailing list - with web accessable archive and list maintenance.
Source control
Wiki System

For the last two, look at TRAC. But I'm not sure about the license - check
that out for yourself.

Diiez

Duncan Booth

Kevin Ar18 said:
Are any of the following pieces of web software available in Python
(under a non-copyleft license like BSD or MIT or Python license)?

Mailing list - with web accessable archive and list maintenance.
Source control
Wiki System

Again, only non-copyleft licenses like MIT, BSD, or public domain.
I'm curious why copyleft matters to you. Were you planning on taking the
mailing list software and redistributing a modified version?

There is nothing in the GPL which prevents you taking something like
Mailman, modifying it as much as you like and using the improved version.
There is no requirement on you to release your changes provided you don't
actually distribute the code to third parties.

What do you mean by 'source control' available in Python? Subversion isn't
written in Python but you can certainly write Python code which interacts
with it either client or server-side. The Subversion license is Apache
style so that would suite you although again I doubt whether it matters.

thanosv

Are any of the following pieces of web software available in Python (under a non-copyleft license like BSD or MIT or Python license)?

Mailing list - with web accessable archive and list maintenance.
Source control
Wiki System

Again, only non-copyleft licenses like MIT, BSD, or public domain.

Or would I be better off with PHP?

BTW, does anyone know where that project is that was working on a forum made with Python?
More photos; more messages; more whatever - Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_m...

Mailman and Trac cover your needs.