Losing Composite Control property that another Composite Control ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Chad, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Chad

    Chad Guest

    Hi,

    I'm creating 2 composite controls in ASP.net. Control 1 is a Search
    control and control 2 is a Map control.

    I have added a property (myMap) on the Search control (mySearch) that
    is of type Map control, say name is map1. I drop on a webform both of
    these controls. I can at design time use the property window, click on
    the Search control and select the property myMap and it gives me a
    drop-down list of all map controls on the webform, so I choose the map1
    which is the name of the map control. I'm thinking everything is good.

    But when I run it, in page_load of the webform, I check to see if
    mySearch.myMap is nothing and it is. When I stop the app and return to
    the IDE. Click back on mySearch control, look at the property window
    the property or myMap is GONE. It didn't retain it's value.
    So how am I supposed to point to another control?

    Thanks ... Chad
    Chad, Feb 1, 2005