Lost in a sea of code

Joined
Jul 11, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello, im new here, and i need your help.

I am in the infancy of making a app/company and im lost!

The premiss of the app is, a fault reporting service for multi site operators in the arcade industry.

The end user scans a qr code and reports the fault, this then send the info to multi users who can then action the information.

My problem is, i dont know where to start with the code, or what to even write in! In a dream world i would love to find some one to help me (not for free off course) but at this point i would take someone pointing me in the right direction.

I have the idea, the brand, the wire frame and the avenues to take it to market.

I just need a jumping off point

Thank you for your help

Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
42
Reaction score
7
Hello! It's great that you have a clear idea, wireframe, and avenues to take your app to market. Getting started with the development process can be challenging, but I'll guide you on the initial steps:
  1. Define the Tech Stack:
    • Choose the programming language and framework for your app. Depending on your team's expertise and the app's requirements, popular choices include React Native, Flutter, or native development (Swift for iOS, Kotlin/Java for Android).
    • Consider the backend technology for handling data and communication. Common choices are Node.js, Django, Ruby on Rails, or Flask.
  2. Set Up a Development Environment:
    • Install the necessary tools and dependencies for your chosen tech stack. This might include IDEs, SDKs, and other development tools.
  3. Create a Simple Backend:
    • Set up a basic backend server to handle the communication between the app and the database. This can be done using a framework like Express for Node.js or Django for Python.
    • Define the database structure to store fault reports and user information.
  4. Implement QR Code Scanning:
    • Integrate a QR code scanning feature into your app. For cross-platform development, libraries like ZXing or ZBar might be helpful.
  5. User Authentication:
    • Implement a user authentication system to secure access to the app and ensure that only authorized users can report faults.
  6. Create Fault Reporting Form:
    • Design and implement the fault reporting form within the app. Collect necessary information, such as fault details, location, and any additional context.
  7. Implement Push Notifications:
    • Integrate push notifications so that when a fault is reported, relevant users are notified.
  8. Testing:
    • Regularly test your app on different devices and simulate various scenarios to ensure it functions correctly.
  9. Scale as Needed:
    • As your app gains users, be prepared to scale your infrastructure to handle increased traffic and data.
  10. Security:
    • Implement security measures to protect user data and ensure the app is robust against potential attacks.
  11. Documentation:
    • Keep thorough documentation for your codebase. This will be helpful for future development and debugging.
If you're looking for a developer, you can consider hiring a freelance developer or a development agency. Platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, or even local tech communities can be good places to find developers. Make sure to clearly communicate your requirements, and ask for their expertise in mobile app development.
Remember, building an app is an iterative process. Start with the core functionality and refine as you receive feedback from users. Good luck with your app development journey!