LPM Modules in ispLEVER

Matt North

I am currently using Lattices ispLEVER module / ip manager to generate a
LPM_RAM_DP.

The ispLEVER software is unable to route even the simplest of design using
the LPM; i constantly get 2 routing errors per EBR.

The LPM seems to instantiate correctly using the following exemplar
attribute:

attribute noopt: boolean;
attribute noopt of <module_name>: component is true;

Has anyone had experience of this or any ideas on how to rectify the error?
As expected the post routing floorplanner does not run, therefore you cannot
tell which signals are not being routed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Mike Treseler

Matt North" said:
I am currently using Lattices ispLEVER module / ip manager to generate a
LPM_RAM_DP.
Has anyone had experience of this or any ideas on how to rectify the error?

ispLEVER has synplicity built in.
It should be able to infer a block
ram. So skip the ip manager and
try the standard vhdl block ram template.

-- Mike Treseler

Martin Bishop

Matt

I have experience of using L_RAMDP/LPM_RAM_DP on the iXPLD1024 device; and
the scars to show for it.

Which device are you targeting and what sort of use are you trying to make
of the component ?

If this post remains a live interest, get back to me and I'll review my
notes / design.

Martin