LPM Modules in ispLEVER

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Matt North, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Matt North

    Matt North Guest

    I am currently using Lattices ispLEVER module / ip manager to generate a
    LPM_RAM_DP.

    The ispLEVER software is unable to route even the simplest of design using
    the LPM; i constantly get 2 routing errors per EBR.

    The LPM seems to instantiate correctly using the following exemplar
    attribute:

    attribute noopt: boolean;
    attribute noopt of <module_name>: component is true;

    Has anyone had experience of this or any ideas on how to rectify the error?
    As expected the post routing floorplanner does not run, therefore you cannot
    tell which signals are not being routed.

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt North, Sep 1, 2004

  2. "Matt North" wrote:
    > I am currently using Lattices ispLEVER module / ip manager to generate a
    > LPM_RAM_DP.

    > Has anyone had experience of this or any ideas on how to rectify the error?

    ispLEVER has synplicity built in.
    It should be able to infer a block
    ram. So skip the ip manager and
    try the standard vhdl block ram template.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Matt

    I have experience of using L_RAMDP/LPM_RAM_DP on the iXPLD1024 device; and
    the scars to show for it.

    Which device are you targeting and what sort of use are you trying to make
    of the component ?

    If this post remains a live interest, get back to me and I'll review my
    notes / design.

    Martin

    Martin Bishop, Sep 12, 2004