    Douglas Guest

    I'd like to hear your comments on lua (www.lua.org).

    Douglas
    Douglas, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Douglas

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Peter Hansen, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Douglas

    Ivan Voras Guest

    Douglas wrote:

    > I'd like to hear your comments on lua (www.lua.org).

    An extremely nice little language for embedding - I've had great success
    including it in many C and even Delphi programs. Major strengths are its
    simplicity and good documentation about embedding. However, it lacks the
    libraries to be used as a standalone general-purpose language.

    These are my opinions only, feel free to disagree :)

    --
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't
    you understand?
    Ivan Voras, Jun 11, 2004
  4. In article <cac6rn$a7t$>,
    Ivan Voras <ivoras@__geri.cc.fer.hr> wrote:
    >Douglas wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to hear your comments on lua (www.lua.org).

    >An extremely nice little language for embedding - I've had great success
    >including it in many C and even Delphi programs. Major strengths are its
    >simplicity and good documentation about embedding. However, it lacks the
    >libraries to be used as a standalone general-purpose language.
    >
    >These are my opinions only, feel free to disagree :)

    .
    .
    .
    I hope <URL: http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=9170/ur0405k/ >
    adds depth to this portrait.
    --

    Cameron Laird <>
    Business: http://www.Phaseit.net
    Cameron Laird, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Michel Claveau/Hamster, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Douglas

    Jon Perez Guest

    Ivan Voras wrote:

    > An extremely nice little language for embedding - I've had great success
    > including it in many C and even Delphi programs.

    Easier to use embedded in C than Python I suppose? How'd you
    get it working in Delphi?

    > Major strengths are its simplicity and good documentation about
    > embedding. However, it lacks the libraries to be used as a
    > standalone general-purpose language.

    Compared to Python's painful C API, is Lua's a lot easier to
    use? And speaking of C APIs, I took a look at a Ruby OpenGL
    binding and it was incredibly simple. Certainly nowhere near
    the confusing gobbledygook that is SWIGged PyOpenGL...
    Jon Perez, Jul 10, 2004
  7. Douglas

    Paul Prescod Guest

    Jon Perez wrote:

    > > Major strengths are its simplicity and good documentation about
    > > embedding. However, it lacks the libraries to be used as a
    > > standalone general-purpose language.

    > Compared to Python's painful C API, is Lua's a lot easier to
    > use? And speaking of C APIs, I took a look at a Ruby OpenGL
    > binding and it was incredibly simple.

    Simpler than a Pyrex version would have been?

    Paul Prescod
    Paul Prescod, Jul 13, 2004
  8. Douglas

    Paul Prescod Guest