    I guess this isn't ASP specific, but any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

    TIA!
    Tom

    Tom Petersen, Oct 20, 2003

  2. What does "quit working" mean? Do you get an error message? If so, what is
    it? Otherwise, what is the symptom? What mail object are you using? What
    is the from / to address? How many To, CC, BCC recipients are there? Are
    you sure the domain of the sender/recipient is allowed in to the mail
    server? Was the SMTP server changed to disallow relaying from all but
    certain IPs? Is the SMTP server set up to require authentication for
    outgoing mail? Are there any SMTP rules that you may be violating?

    "Tom Petersen" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I'm 99.9999999999999999999% sure there haven't been any code changes,
    > since the date stamps of the code are older than any email 'failures'
    >
    > The email piece quit working using the mail.send. If there haven't been

    any
    > changes made to previously working code, where do I look for the problem
    > now? I restarted the SMTPservice in IIS. Our real email is hosted
    > remotely, I checked with the admin and she said no changes were made,

    i.e.,

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Tom Petersen

    Tom Petersen Guest

    This is part of the message in my C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Badmail folder

    Reporting-MTA: dns;sd-school
    Received-From-MTA: dns;sd-school
    Arrival-Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:51:02 -0500

    Final-Recipient: rfc822;
    Action: failed

    The email address is valid. I don't get any error messages except for the
    above in the folder.

    Code snippet:
    Set Mail=Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    Mail.To=""
    Mail.CC= strmEmail
    Mail.From= strEmail
    Mail.Subject="Maintenance Request"
    Mail.Body= strBody
    Mail.Send
    Set Mail=nothing
    If I do a response.write on all of the variables, they all display
    correctly. I have additional code that puts all of this, plus additional
    info into a simple access database, all of that info is correct when I view
    it.
    One To, one CC.

    I did not make any changes to the SMTP server. ( I didn't uninstall and
    reinstall yet, I may do that next)
    No authentication
    No rule violations
    All of the SMTP settings are set to Anonymous

    Tom Petersen, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Use CDO.Message instead of CDONTS (see http://www.aspfaq.com/2026), and send
    the message to an actual SMTP server (that you can debug) instead of using
    the local SMTP service. Also see http://www.aspfaq.com/2254 and
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2372

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 20, 2003
  5. Tom Petersen

    Tom Petersen Guest

    Thanks, the code from 2026 worked. Not sure why the other quit working, but
    I won't worry about that for now.

    <!--METADATA TYPE="typelib"
    UUID="CD000000-8B95-11D1-82DB-00C04FB1625D"
    NAME="CDO for Windows 2000 Library" -->

    <%
    Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
    .Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "<enter_mail.server_here>"
    .Update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")

    With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = ""
    .To = ""
    .Subject = "Sample CDO Message"
    .TextBody = "This is a test for CDO.message"
    .Send
    End With

    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing