    empty.

    thx

    Ward

    Ward Germonpé, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Ward Germonpé

    rf Guest

    "Ward Germonpé" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94236BA989907kingalbertIIforpresi@195.130.132.70...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have php generate a table with some data in frame["main"].
    >
    > In frame["top"] I want a button that sends frame["main"] to a

    userdefinable
    > emailaddress.
    >
    > Is there a quick way to do this or do I really have to go
    > "sessionvariables/serverside" ? Some javascript magic ?
    >
    > Cause I noticed that IE allows sending a html page through mail and
    > Firebird doesn't. As I use frames in my webapp, the page that IE sends is
    > empty.

    As you have found sending emails *must* be done server side to be reliable.
    You have control over your server side processes. You have absolutely no
    control over the client side configuration.

    You also should not be using frames this century.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 30, 2003

  3. "rf" <> wrote in

    > "Ward Germonpé" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have php generate a table with some data in frame["main"].
    >>
    >> In frame["top"] I want a button that sends frame["main"] to a

    > userdefinable
    >> emailaddress.
    >>
    >> Is there a quick way to do this or do I really have to go
    >> "sessionvariables/serverside" ? Some javascript magic ?
    >>
    >> Cause I noticed that IE allows sending a html page through mail and
    >> Firebird doesn't. As I use frames in my webapp, the page that IE
    >> sends is empty.

    > As you have found sending emails *must* be done server side to be
    > reliable. You have control over your server side processes. You have
    > absolutely no control over the client side configuration.
    >
    > You also should not be using frames this century.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    It's strictly intranet, strictly IE6/outlook2000.
    Part of the application is 'displaying fairly long lists'. Having them
    scroll under the topframe (where the tableheaders are) is convenient.

    Anyway thx for the effort.

    Ward

    Ward Germonpé, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Ward Germonpé

    > "rf" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Ward Germonpé" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I have php generate a table with some data in frame["main"].
    > >>
    > >> In frame["top"] I want a button that sends frame["main"] to a

    > > userdefinable
    > >> emailaddress.
    > >>
    > >> Is there a quick way to do this or do I really have to go
    > >> "sessionvariables/serverside" ? Some javascript magic ?
    > >>
    > >> Cause I noticed that IE allows sending a html page through mail and
    > >> Firebird doesn't. As I use frames in my webapp, the page that IE
    > >> sends is empty.

    > > As you have found sending emails *must* be done server side to be
    > > reliable. You have control over your server side processes. You have
    > > absolutely no control over the client side configuration.
    > >
    > > You also should not be using frames this century.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > > Richard.
    > >

    > It's strictly intranet, strictly IE6/outlook2000.

    Then you should have mentioned this in your original post. Answers for an
    intranet are vastly different to asnwers for the internet. Besides, in your
    OP you mention Firebird. Does Firebird fit into this strictly intranet,
    strictly IE6 scenario?

    > Part of the application is 'displaying fairly long lists'. Having them
    > scroll under the topframe (where the tableheaders are) is convenient.

    Er, what?

    > Anyway thx for the effort.

    No problem

    Cheers