mailing list problems?

khaines

Um, no. But then I don't subscribe to comp.lang.ruby. Are you
confusing newsgroups with mailing lists?

Martin, there is a gateway that takes posts from the newsgroup and relays
them to the mailing list, and vice versa, so that participants in either
are defacto participants in both.

Kirk Haines

ara.t.howard

Hmm, no, I didn't get it either. I just checked on the Gateway though and it
*seems* to be OK.

James Edward Gray II

has anyone written a script to scrape the group via google groups or a usenet
server and to compare this against a local inbox? such a beast, which worked
by default against a 7 day back window and cron'd daily would be useful to
catch such sync errors no?

regards.

-a

ara.t.howard

Um, no. But then I don't subscribe to comp.lang.ruby. Are you
confusing newsgroups with mailing lists?

Martin

no: they are managed in such a way that they mirror each other. that's why
people complain so loudly when people top-post, changed headers, and other
activities that wreak havoc on people's mailers. it's unfortunate that
whatever software people use to interact with the newsgroup does not inform
them that, by posting to a group as you just did, you are also hitting
thousands of people's inboxes.

-a

Martin Coxall

Um, no. But then I don't subscribe to comp.lang.ruby. Are you
Martin, there is a gateway that takes posts from the newsgroup and relays
them to the mailing list, and vice versa, so that participants in either
are defacto participants in both.

Ah, then it don't works. My apologies.

Martin