mailing list?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by tony summerfelt, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. tony summerfelt, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Hi,

    In message "mailing list?"
    on 04/07/28, tony summerfelt <> writes:

    |did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
    |have come in dropped way off.

    I did something bad in the list configuration early today (JST).
    Maybe it was a punishment for using a list server written in Perl. ;-)

    matz.
    Yukihiro Matsumoto, Jul 28, 2004

  3. il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt
    <> ha scritto::

    >did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
    >have come in dropped way off.

    I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
    response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
    gateway.

    I think this just relates to:

    - an increasing of posts in the last (maybe 2? ) weeks, way more than
    the normal (we got more messages than c.l.py nearly everyday, while
    tipically there are much less), so the reducing is much more visible.

    - it's summer, people stay a little more away of computers

    - many usual writers are at OSCON. IIRC tomorrow is the R-Day, with 6
    ruby sessions :)
    gabriele renzi, Jul 28, 2004
  4. tony summerfelt

    Phil Tomson Guest

    In article <>,
    gabriele renzi <> wrote:
    >il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt
    ><> ha scritto::
    >
    >>did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
    >>have come in dropped way off.
    >>

    >I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
    >response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
    >gateway.
    >
    >I think this just relates to:
    >
    >- an increasing of posts in the last (maybe 2? ) weeks, way more than
    >the normal (we got more messages than c.l.py nearly everyday, while

    That's an interesting trend.

    >tipically there are much less), so the reducing is much more visible.
    >
    >- it's summer, people stay a little more away of computers

    true, but it's been summer for a while now.

    >- many usual writers are at OSCON. IIRC tomorrow is the R-Day, with 6
    >ruby sessions :)

    However, they remain in constant contact thanks to the WiFi that blankets
    the Hotel (and Portland in general).

    Phil
    Phil Tomson, Jul 28, 2004
  5. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:36:46 +0900, you wrote:

    >I think this just relates to:

    i was getting over 50 messages or so a day. i've had 12 since sunday.

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1
    tony summerfelt, Jul 28, 2004
  6. tony summerfelt

    Mark Hubbart Guest

    On Jul 28, 2004, at 6:36 AM, gabriele renzi wrote:

    > il Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:16:09 +0900, tony summerfelt
    > <> ha scritto::
    >
    >> did something happen to the mailing list/. number of messages that
    >> have come in dropped way off.
    >>

    > I thought of this too, but I can't see the usual
    > response-to-an-unknown-answer messages that were related to broken
    > gateway.

    In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
    missing the original post. Some followups without originals: 107732
    107642 107605 107414

    I didn't check these against the mailing list archives; I'm just going
    off what showed up in my inbox.

    cheers,
    Mark
    Mark Hubbart, Jul 29, 2004
  7. tony summerfelt

    James Britt Guest

    Mark Hubbart wrote:

    > In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
    > missing the original post.

    Same here. Thought maybe I had too much coffee.

    James

    James Britt, Jul 30, 2004
  8. tony summerfelt

    daz Guest

    Mark Hubbart wrote:

    > In the past week, I have noticed at least a few responses that are
    > missing the original post. Some followups without originals:

    > 107732

    107731 Subject: Re: Stupid ODBC!
    107732 Subject: Re: [Not so?] Stupid ODBC!
    (Created a new thread)

    > 107642 ???

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/107640
    (which I have in ML & NG)

    > 107605

    This was redirected (mid-thread) from ruby-core to ruby-talk.
    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/3228

    > 107414

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/89865
    (very old 15 Jan 2004 - probably no longer on your server)

    > cheers,
    > Mark

    Thanks for your vigilance,

    :daz