Mailto:

Tom

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

I have my registered URL:MailTo Protocol entry set to open my email
client. Is there any method by which I can invoke Mailto: directly,
using HTML, without creating a clickable link via Href= in the anchor tag?

Hywel Jenkins

I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

I have my registered URL:MailTo Protocol entry set to open my email
client. Is there any method by which I can invoke Mailto: directly,
using HTML, without creating a clickable link via Href= in the anchor tag?

No. This may work (JavaScript):
<script type="text/javascript">
document.location.href="mailto:";
</script>

Tom

Hywel said:
No. This may work (JavaScript):
<script type="text/javascript">
document.location.href="mailto:";
</script>
Thank you. It worked. I am not familiar with JavaScript. Is there a
way, when I exit my email client, to return to the page I was on at the
time I invoked the script?