    and the links aren't clickable.

    Can anyone help with this please ?

    Regards, John.

    John Fitzsimons, May 18, 2008

  2. John Fitzsimons wrote:
    > What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
    > move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
    > to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
    > Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

    None that I know of, TAB moves to next link, does not discriminate for
    protocol.

    > Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
    > default email client will populate the correct info.

    Ah, maybe you should look at:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=problem with mailto: links &btnG=Search
    problem with mailto: links - Google Search

    > I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
    > search etc. Using win 98SE.

    OS is not the issue.

    > Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
    > grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
    > and the links aren't clickable.

    Are you testing one of your pages, or trying to harvest emails?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 18, 2008

  3. In <> John Fitzsimons <> wrote:
    >What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
    >move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
    >to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
    >Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.
    >
    >Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
    >default email client will populate the correct info.
    >
    >I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
    >search etc. Using win 98SE.
    >
    >Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
    >grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
    >and the links aren't clickable.
    >
    >Can anyone help with this please ?

    Actually, the simplest solution really is the best.
    Just view source and then CTRL+F to search the page for mailto:

    You're asking for a more complicated way to do something. There is no point to that.

    [Anon] Anon User, May 18, 2008
  4. On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:48:20 +0200 (CEST), "[Anon] Anon User"
    <<>> wrote:

    >In <> John Fitzsimons <> wrote:

    >>What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
    >>move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
    >>to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
    >>Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

    >>Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
    >>default email client will populate the correct info.

    >>I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
    >>search etc. Using win 98SE.

    >>Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
    >>grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
    >>and the links aren't clickable.

    >>Can anyone help with this please ?

    >Actually, the simplest solution really is the best.
    >Just view source and then CTRL+F to search the page for mailto:

    Yes, that will get me to the mailto links BUT it doesn't allow me to
    test whether the link populates my email client correctly. I cannot
    click the link from the source code.

    >You're asking for a more complicated way to do something. There is no point to that.

    "Complicated" would be to have to save the page and then search for
    links ! I want "easy". To avoid the saving of pages and then
    extraction.

    Regards, John.

    John Fitzsimons, May 19, 2008
  5. On Sat, 17 May 2008 22:17:03 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >John Fitzsimons wrote:
    >> What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
    >> move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
    >> to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
    >> Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

    >None that I know of, TAB moves to next link, does not discriminate for
    >protocol.

    Ah ! Someone else mentioned that to me and I didn't get what he meant.
    I thought he was talking about an extension rather than what Firefox
    does natively. You are right however. It does not discriminate
    protocol AND with my old eyes it isn't immediately apparent to me
    where the tab has stopped.

    >> Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
    >> default email client will populate the correct info.

    >Ah, maybe you should look at:

    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=problem with mailto: links &btnG=Search
    >problem with mailto: links - Google Search

    Interesting, I didn't know people had problems using mailto links.
    Thanks.

    >> I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
    >> search etc. Using win 98SE.

    >OS is not the issue.

    >> Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
    >> grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
    >> and the links aren't clickable.

    >Are you testing one of your pages, or trying to harvest emails?

    Testing email links. If I was harvesting emails I would have just
    saved the page(s) and extracted the links. It looks however that
    I might have to do just that if I cannot test links one by one
    live. :-(

    Regards, John.

    John Fitzsimons, May 19, 2008