    make: *** No rule to make target `VIR3.vhd,VIR3_1.vhd,VIR3_2.vhd

    Rgds

    MACEI
    MACEI'S, Jul 9, 2003

  2. (MACEI'S) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi Fellows,
    >
    > How can I synthesize multiple file one by one using xilinx compiler in
    > MAKEFILE script. I have done using only one file but when I enter
    > multiple files in "VHDL= ....." field thenI get the following error.
    >
    > make: *** No rule to make target `VIR3.vhd,VIR3_1.vhd,VIR3_2.vhd
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > MACEI

    Well, you should definitely get the makefile hand book - it
    has to many options ...

    But, to summarize, you probably want something like this:

    VHDL=VIR3.vhd VIR3_1.vhd VIR3_2.vhd # no commas !

    $(VHDL):
    synthesis_command $@

    replace "synthesis command" with the name of your synthesis tool.
    The "$@" will be automatically replaced with the vhdl file names.

    Regards,
    rudi
    www.asics.ws --- Solutions for your ASIC/FPGA needs ---