Make problem on Solaris : how to use Modules/Setup.config.in

Christophe

Hello,

I'm trying to build python 2.3.4 on Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8) and I ran into
a little problem with the socket/ssl module :

************************************
gcc -shared build/temp.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto -o
build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.so
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** WARNING: renaming "_ssl" since importing it failed:
ld.so.1:./python: fatal: build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.so: open
failed: No such file or directory
error: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sharedmods'
************************************

I know that this problem has happened before :
http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=f...063659200.574.python-list%40python.org&rnum=1

But I don't understand the solution :
"You must make sure that the library you link with is
position-independent, or else you must build _ssl as a builtin module
(i.e. through Modules/Setup, as non-shared)."

Because I haven't found the manual to use the Modules/Setup.config.in

How can I modify the Modules/Setup.config.in to build ssl as a builtin
module ?

Thanks in advance,