Make problem on Solaris : how to use Modules/Setup.config.in

Discussion in 'Python' started by Christophe, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Christophe

    Christophe Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to build python 2.3.4 on Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8) and I ran into
    a little problem with the socket/ssl module :

    ************************************
    gcc -shared build/temp.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto -o
    build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.so
    ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
    sections
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    *** WARNING: renaming "_ssl" since importing it failed:
    ld.so.1:./python: fatal: build/lib.solaris-2.8-sun4u-2.3/_ssl.so: open
    failed: No such file or directory
    error: No such file or directory
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sharedmods'
    ************************************

    I know that this problem has happened before :
    http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=f...063659200.574.python-list%40python.org&rnum=1

    But I don't understand the solution :
    "You must make sure that the library you link with is
    position-independent, or else you must build _ssl as a builtin module
    (i.e. through Modules/Setup, as non-shared)."

    Because I haven't found the manual to use the Modules/Setup.config.in

    How can I modify the Modules/Setup.config.in to build ssl as a builtin
    module ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Christophe, Aug 24, 2004