makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin

Discussion in 'Python' started by bk, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. bk

    bk Guest

    hi,

    i'm using pythonwin 2.2.3
    my programm reads and write the outlook-adress book using COM. for this i
    have to use the makepy utility. after i have run the utiltity everything is
    fine and i can run my py-file without any errors.
    but if i close the pythonwin and restart and then try to run my py-script i
    get the following error:

    File "C:\Program Files\Python22\contacts_ausgabe.py", line 45, in
    DumpDefaultAddressBook
    folder =
    mapi.GetDefaultFolder(win32com.client.constants.olFolderContacts)
    File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
    line 168, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, a
    AttributeError: olFolderContacts

    When i run the makepy again, then everything is fine again. i cant
    understand what is the problem. is there anyone who can help me???
    After the Restart of pythonwin the files generated by makepy still exist. so
    why do i have to regenerate them again by use makepy???

    bk, Aug 6, 2003