Making a site such as only I or the client can see it?

dorayme

Toby Inkster said:
patrick said:
My client lives in London and I live in Brighton.

I'm not entirely sure how that matters. Your client could be in Timbuktu
and you could be circling the atmosphere in an invisible pink[1] zepplin,
and the solution would still be the same.

I don't think so. If the client (it IS the Queen of England - I
have men reporting to me on this) lived next door, Patrick could
call her over for a quick deko at his screen, and a cup of tea at
the same time.

Joe (GKF)

You have had general advice about password protecting pages. What
I do is simply put stuff up in a folder on domains under my
control, ... ....
It takes a while to get noticed in search engines.
AOL - and I also add
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOFOLLOW">
in the <head> section of the pages. It seems to work.

patrick j

Toby Inkster said:
patrick said:
My client lives in London and I live in Brighton.

I'm not entirely sure how that matters. Your client could be in Timbuktu
and you could be circling the atmosphere in an invisible pink[1] zepplin,
and the solution would still be the same.

I don't think so. If the client (it IS the Queen of England - I
have men reporting to me on this) lived next door, Patrick could
call her over for a quick deko at his screen, and a cup of tea at
the same time.

It's true that client doesn't live next door. But it's not HMQ, honest!
Something I am wondering about a bit is if I am circling the atmosphere
in a invisible pink zeppelin how do we know it is pink, after all it is
invisible.

dorayme

patrick j said:
Something I am wondering about a bit is if I am circling the atmosphere
in a invisible pink zeppelin how do we know it is pink, after all it is
invisible.

We must make a distinction between two types of invisibility. In
the one, the object is invisible only because it cannot be seen
in normal circumstances (black fighter bombers able to deflect
the detecting beams). In the other, the object is intrincically
invisible (a god, a ghost, the prime number between 6 and 8,
etc...).

patrick j

We must make a distinction between two types of invisibility. In
the one, the object is invisible only because it cannot be seen
in normal circumstances (black fighter bombers able to deflect
the detecting beams). In the other, the object is intrincically
invisible (a god, a ghost, the prime number between 6 and 8,
etc...).

I guess it could be a sort of "stealth zeppelin".

I think zeppelins are unlikely to be very "stealthy".

Then again they're not frequently pink either.

Toby Inkster

patrick said:
how do we know it is pink, after all it is invisible.

I refer you back to my previous post...

Toby Inkster wrote:

| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_Pink_Unicorn
| "Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based
| upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we
| logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them."

Or, if you'd prefer, the exterior of the zepplin appears invisible,
whereas the interior appears pink.

Ben C

We must make a distinction between two types of invisibility. In
the one, the object is invisible only because it cannot be seen
in normal circumstances (black fighter bombers able to deflect
the detecting beams). In the other, the object is intrincically
invisible (a god, a ghost, the prime number between 6 and 8,
etc...).

A good description of the distinction between visibility: hidden and
display: none.

patrick j

I refer you back to my previous post...

Or, if you'd prefer, the exterior of the zepplin appears invisible,
whereas the interior appears pink.

We believe the Zeppelin is pink as an act of faith but logically it is
invisible because we can't see it.

Joe (GKF)

usenet200701 said:
patrick said:
My client lives in London and I live in Brighton.

I'm not entirely sure how that matters. Your client could be in Timbuktu
and you could be circling the atmosphere in an invisible pink[1] zepplin,
and the solution would still be the same.

I bought some invisible pink paint a while back, but now I can't find
it.

aa

patrick j said:
As I mentioned in the original posting my plan is to give my client
access to the site during the creation period then when client is
satisfied we can make it available to anyone.
Then why is that secrecy? If you do not advertise it and do not register it
with SE, it will take time before it goes to public domain.
Or the client is afraid of peeping competition? Is domain name already
taken? Is it guessable?
How long, do you expect, this design process will take?