Making C better (by borrowing from C++)

Kenny McCormack

jacob navia said:

I see no justification for that claim.

This comes as a big surprise to us all, trust me.
Anonymous posting confers neither power nor authority. Nor does it carry
respect. Those who hide behind anonymity to make personal attacks are
beneath contempt.

Yes. Very true. So, why do you do it?
(You don't have to answer that...)
If you are suggesting that such cowards are, or are
under the control of, regular contributors to this group, then you really
don't understand the people you attack. I can't see any of them stooping
so low.

This also comes as a big shock.
(You're lying, of course, but that also comes as a big shock to all)
Right. I didn't write libcurl, nor am I responsible for maintaining it, nor
do I stand to make any money off it. I have no financial interest
whatsoever in its success. Nor am I associated with any who do. You,
however, have a vested financial interest in lcc-win's success. So your
promotion of it can hardly claim to be a disinterested and independent
recommendation.

Jacob never claimed to be disinterested. In fact, he has often made it
quite clear that he isn't (disinterested) and that, in fact, he puts
food on his table (at least in part) from the sale of his system. So,
you're raising a straw man here.

His point (which is, of course, 100% spot on) is that the commercial or
non-commercial nature of the spamming isn't the point. The point is who
is doing it (whether or not they are in the clique). It can further be
argue that "commercial" spamming is better, since it indicates someone
who has a stake in things. For example, CBF is constantly hawking his
dumbsh*t ggets() function, which, believe me, is only worth what you pay
for it, because it is free.

Paul Hsieh

I know that this topic may inflame the "C language Taleban", but is
there any prospect of some of the neat features of C++ getting
incorporated in C?

You would first need to make a case for why you want to use C and not C
++.
[...] No I am not talking out the OO stuff. I am
talking about the non-OO stuff, that seems to be handled much more
elegantly in C++, as compared to C. For example new & delete,