    already perform such magic? Thanks for any suggestions.

    Best regards,
    Tim
    Tim Grove, Jul 3, 2008

  2. Tim Grove

    defn noob Guest

    I would love the same thing. Dont know what you are doing but this
    might be relevant even if it is not what you are asking for:
    http://imdbpy.sourceforge.net/
    library to take data from imdb.
    defn noob, Jul 3, 2008

  3. On Jul 3, 12:15 pm, Tim Grove <> wrote:
    > I would like to write a python script which could take a movie file name
    > (avi, mov, mpg) along with a start and stop time as parameters, and
    > return to me a  new movie file just containing that section of the
    > original which I'm interested in. Is there a Python library which could
    > already perform such magic? Thanks for any suggestions.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tim

    You might check these out:

    http://pymedia.org/
    http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/pyvnc2swf.html

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Jul 3, 2008
  4. Tim Grove

    Miki Guest

    Hello,

    > I would like to write a python script which could take a movie file name
    > (avi, mov, mpg) along with a start and stop time as parameters, and
    > return to me a  new movie file just containing that section of the
    > original which I'm interested in. Is there a Python library which could
    > already perform such magic? Thanks for any suggestions.

    I think you'll find ffmpeg the right tool for the job.

    HTH,
    --
    Miki <>
    http://pythonwise.blogspot.com