manipulating PDF-files with Python?

Tuomas P

Hello!

Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
adding or replacing pages, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Tuomas

Brian Elmegaard

Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
adding or replacing pages, etc.

os.system and pdflatex with the pdfpages package is an option.

Kai Keliikuli

Tuomas said:
>Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
>PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
>adding or replacing pages, etc.

Been a while since I used it. I was generating whole pdf docs from
a structured text file.Don't remember editing capability, but I didn't
need it, I'll bet it's in there
http://www.reportlab.org/

Larry Bates

Tuomas said:
Hello!

Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
adding or replacing pages, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Tuomas

ReportLab has PageCatcher, but it is not open source. I've used
it and it works great! Given how much I use ReportLab open source
package, I don't begrudge spending some money on the PageCatcher
add-in for this functionality.

Regards,
Larry Bates