    adding or replacing pages, etc.

    Thanks for your time!

    Tuomas
    Tuomas P, Oct 19, 2004

  2. (Tuomas P) writes:

    > Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
    > PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
    > adding or replacing pages, etc.

    os.system and pdflatex with the pdfpages package is an option.

    --
    Brian (remove the sport for mail)
    http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be
    Brian Elmegaard, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Tuomas P

    duikboot Guest

    duikboot, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Tuomas P wrote:
    >Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
    >PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
    >adding or replacing pages, etc.

    Been a while since I used it. I was generating whole pdf docs from
    a structured text file.Don't remember editing capability, but I didn't
    need it, I'll bet it's in there
    http://www.reportlab.org/
    Kai Keliikuli, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Tuomas P

    Larry Bates Guest

    Tuomas P wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Are there any open source Python tools that one could manipulate
    > PDF-files with? By manipulation I mean, for instance, deleting or
    > adding or replacing pages, etc.
    >
    > Thanks for your time!
    >
    > Tuomas

    ReportLab has PageCatcher, but it is not open source. I've used
    it and it works great! Given how much I use ReportLab open source
    package, I don't begrudge spending some money on the PageCatcher
    add-in for this functionality.

    Regards,
    Larry Bates
    Larry Bates, Oct 19, 2004