map XML union to C union (and vice-versa)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Matt Garman, Apr 24, 2004.

  1. Matt Garman

    Matt Garman Guest

    I'd like to create an XML schema that is akin to a C header file. For
    example:

    // C code (contrived example)
    typedef double point_t[3];
    typedef struct {
    char n1[30];
    char n2[50];
    } name_t;

    typedef union {
    point_t pt;
    name_t nt;
    } my_union_t;

    How can I express this in an XML schema? Essentially, I want to
    restrict the type of *type* of data (as opposed to an enumeration, which
    would restrict the *value* of data).

    Thanks,
    Matt

    --