Mapping to aspnet_isapi.dll

Guest

I mapped a file extension (.dmg) to the aspnet_isapi.dll, as described in:

http://scottwater.com/blog/archive/2003/08/04/WildCard.aspx

Btw, I mapped just the above mentioned extension, not wildcard. So, when I
try to download a .dmg file from the website, it seems that asp.net processes
the file, instead of just "spitting out", the memory occupation of the
asp.net worker processes grows abnormaly. Sometimes I can
download (but only after a delay), sometimes I am getting the message, that
die server application
can't be reached (the asp.net worker process is overloaded).

I have then set the http handler in the web.config file (local web.config
file for that one app) to static for .dmg
files:

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="*.dmg" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />

Still the same failure. I tried to set that into the machine.config file,
and still the same problem.

I am using .net 1.1 on windows 2000, iis 5.