From aspnet_isapi.dll back to IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Frederico Caldeira Knabben, May 12, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    In writing a very a Web application that need to analyse all requests made
    by the user, including requests without explicit page names (like
    http://www.mysite.com/dir/). I want to process some requests, for example:

    http://www.mysite.com/dir/ (processed by my code)
    http://www.mysite.com/dir/Test.aspx (processed by my code)
    http://www.mysite.com/dir/images/SomeImage.jpg (processed by my code)

    But others should be processed by the installed ISAPI filters configured in
    IIS, for example:

    http://www.mysite.com/dir/Test.php (processed by the PHP ISAPI)
    http://www.mysite.com/dir/Test.cfm (processed by the ColdFusion ISAPI)
    etc...

    So to my code to be able to analise every request, I configured IIS to route
    all requests to the aspnet_isapi.dll file (throw a IIS * wildcard) and wrote
    a HttpModule that is registered in my Web.config. It works really fine for
    the first three sample urls (that must be processed by my code). But for the
    PHP and CFM files it doesn't work, as expected. The ASPNet ISAPI handles
    that files as text files and output then contents to the browser, without
    calling the right ISAPIs.

    So, finally, my question is: Is there any way to my HttpModule to tell the
    ASPNet ISAPI to ignore the request and send it back to IIS to be handled by
    the configured ISAPIs?

    Thanks a lot in advance,
    FredCK

    Frederico Caldeira Knabben, May 12, 2004