    <authorization> section of the Web.config, are Windows Groups?
    Or mapping users to roles are made manually, thru code?
    Or, in generally, where roles used in <authorization> section are defined?

    Tumurbaatar S., Oct 4, 2005

  2. Hello Tumurbaatar S.,

    yes - by default you use the windows groups the user is member of, e.g.

    <authorization>
    <allow roles="DOMAIN\GROUP" />
    </authorization>

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Oct 4, 2005

  3. Thank you!
    But, are you sure? May be it is "users"?
    <authorization>
    <allow users="DOMAIN\GROUP" />
    </authorization>

    P.S. And one more question (though it is not ASP.NET related)
    Anybody knows how to create a Windows user which can
    access IIS server (read ASP.NET pages), but cannot login
    locally or access shared items thru LAN? I.e. a user to use only in web app.

    Tumurbaatar S., Oct 4, 2005