Marker Class

jeffc

Amrith said:
Hi ,

Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?

I have heard of it used as a class that is only intended to be derived from.
Not that it is necessarily an abstract class (or at least that's not the
point), but that it can be used as a "type" for referring to all the
subclasses. In other words, it "marks" all the derived type object with a
label, of sorts.