    Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?

    Thanks
    Amrith
    Amrith, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Amrith wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Amrith

    Hmmmm... In what context?

    Brian
    Brian Genisio, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Amrith

    jeffc Guest

    "Amrith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi ,
    >
    > Can anyone explain me, What is a Marker class ?

    I have heard of it used as a class that is only intended to be derived from.
    Not that it is necessarily an abstract class (or at least that's not the
    point), but that it can be used as a "type" for referring to all the
    subclasses. In other words, it "marks" all the derived type object with a
    label, of sorts.
    jeffc, Feb 5, 2004