Master pages

yossimotro

Hi,

I have a server that only supports ASP.NET 1.1, as I understand master
pages are available only from version 2.0.
What can I use instead that is as elegant as master pages?

Thanks,
Yossi.

Guest

You could create your own base page which inherits from System.Web.UI.Page.
In your base page you can load user controls that represent headers and
footers. You can do a lot of stuff that will appear on any page that inherits
from it.

So if you had your own base page called MyBasePage then any other pages you
create inherit from it to obtain an effect like the master pages in 2.0.