MathML Equation Editor for Linux

Joachim Spoerhase

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_P=F6nitz?=

Joachim Spoerhase said:
does anybody know a good WYSIWYG MathML Equation Editor for Linux?

Not exactly, but...

LyX is semi-WYSIWYG and exports to .tex, which in turn could be
converted to MathML by a couple of tex-to-html converters.

[There is even some basic 'native' MathML support in LyX, but the list
of 'known' entities is far from complete.]

Andre'

PS:
In case you have a list of 'translations' like '\int -> ∫' I'd like
to hear of it ;-)

Alberto Gonz=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E1lez?= Palomo

The one I've used when I wanted that was Amaya:

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

It is problably available pre-packaged in your Linux
distribution. In Debian the package name is just "amaya".
There is a JavaScript editor linked to from the Mozilla MathML
page:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/

You can install it by downloading the "xpi" file.
I've used it from time to time, but I'm more confortable with
Amaya, although I normally use command line translators for producing
MathML.

Also, the GtkMathView widget supports editing, but I haven't
tried it in a long time. I don't know whether there is some standalone
application you could use as a formula editor.
Look for it at:

http://helm.cs.unibo.it/mml-widget/
[...]
Andre'

PS:
In case you have a list of 'translations' like '\int -> ∫' I'd like
to hear of it ;-)

I suppose there is such a table in the source code for Itex2mml:

http://pear.math.pitt.edu/mathzilla/itex2mml.html

Cheers,