MathML Equation Editor for Linux

Discussion in 'XML' started by Joachim Spoerhase, Sep 30, 2003.

    Joachim Spoerhase, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Joachim Spoerhase <> wrote:
    > does anybody know a good WYSIWYG MathML Equation Editor for Linux?

    Not exactly, but...

    LyX is semi-WYSIWYG and exports to .tex, which in turn could be
    converted to MathML by a couple of tex-to-html converters.

    [There is even some basic 'native' MathML support in LyX, but the list
    of 'known' entities is far from complete.]

    Andre'

    PS:
    In case you have a list of 'translations' like '\int -> &int;' I'd like
    to hear of it ;-)
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_P=F6nitz?=, Sep 30, 2003

  3. On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:13:22 +0000 (UTC)
    André Pönitz <> wrote:

    > Joachim Spoerhase <> wrote:
    > > does anybody know a good WYSIWYG MathML Equation Editor for Linux?

    The one I've used when I wanted that was Amaya:

    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

    It is problably available pre-packaged in your Linux
    distribution. In Debian the package name is just "amaya".
    There is a JavaScript editor linked to from the Mozilla MathML
    page:

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/

    You can install it by downloading the "xpi" file.
    I've used it from time to time, but I'm more confortable with
    Amaya, although I normally use command line translators for producing
    MathML.

    Also, the GtkMathView widget supports editing, but I haven't
    tried it in a long time. I don't know whether there is some standalone
    application you could use as a formula editor.
    Look for it at:

    http://helm.cs.unibo.it/mml-widget/

    >[...]
    > Andre'
    >
    > PS:
    > In case you have a list of 'translations' like '\int -> &int;' I'd like
    > to hear of it ;-)

    I suppose there is such a table in the source code for Itex2mml:

    http://pear.math.pitt.edu/mathzilla/itex2mml.html

    Cheers,
    --
    Alberto González Palomo
    Toledo, España / Saarbrücken, Deutschland
    Alberto Gonz=?iso-8859-1?Q?=E1lez?= Palomo, Oct 2, 2003