[maybe ot?] RubyForge now supports SFTP...

Tom Copeland

...many thanks to Brian Candler for making this work. An example
session:

===================
[tom@hal tmp]$ sftp (e-mail address removed)
Connecting to rubyforge.org...
(e-mail address removed)'s password:
sftp> ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tom tom 62 Oct 27 14:05 alltail.sh
drwxrwxr-x 2 tom tom 4096 Oct 25 11:35 cron
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tom tom 762 Dec 16 16:04 decode.rb
-rw-r--r-- 1 tom tom 5 Mar 24 09:04 test.txt
[ ... various other files ... ]
sftp> rm test.txt
Removing /home/tom/test.txt
sftp> bye
[tom@hal tmp]$
===================

Yours,

Tom

Florian Gross

Tom said:
..many thanks to Brian Candler for making this work. An example
session:

===================
[tom@hal tmp]$ sftp (e-mail address removed)
Connecting to rubyforge.org...

Thanks a *bunch* to both of you for making this work!

Let the sound of a thousand web roots getting cleaned up be heard. ;)

Tom Copeland

Let the sound of a thousand web roots getting cleaned up be heard. ;)

Exactly! Let's see, /var is at 9163272 blocks used... maybe that number
will shrink :)

Yours,

Tom

Eric Hodel

--Apple-Mail-16-242534248

...many thanks to Brian Candler for making this work. An example
session:

Sweet!

Now when do we get rsync?

rsync --delete is much friendlier, and on your bandwidth!

--
Eric Hodel - (e-mail address removed) - http://segment7.net
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--Apple-Mail-16-242534248
name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-16-242534248--

Joshua J. Kugler

Woohoo! Thank you very much.

Now, another feature request: Subversion. Any possibility? Or at least
allow us to edit the CVS page on rubyforge to point users to an
off-site Subversion repository?

j----- k-----

Tom Copeland

Woohoo! Thank you very much.

Now, another feature request: Subversion. Any possibility? Or at least
allow us to edit the CVS page on rubyforge to point users to an
off-site Subversion repository?

Hm. This will probably be introduced when we upgrade to GForge 4.0...
whenever that is.

I like the idea to allow a pointer to an off-site source control
location... be it Svn, Darcs, or whatever. Not sure about a good way to
do that, though...

Yours,

Tom