    Help me out

    Regards,
    Mohamed Zabiulla
    C, Aug 30, 2006

  2. C wrote:
    > I am digesting a message using MD5 on windows platform..
    > I am using win xp ,sp-2,sdk-5
    > I am not able to locate md5.h file...
    > Help me out

    This is pretty much well off-topic here (just so you know for the future).

    However, it is not clear from your context what you want. Do you have a
    hashing library that includes and implementation of MD5, and your code
    cannot find that header (or library) so it can compile (or link)?

    Or are you assuming that your compiler tool chain has such a library
    available to you?

    I suggest asking on one of the newsgroups appropriate for your
    development system.
    Clever Monkey, Aug 30, 2006

  3. C

    santosh Guest

    C wrote:
    > I am digesting a message using MD5 on windows platform..
    > I am using win xp ,sp-2,sdk-5
    > I am not able to locate md5.h file...
    > Help me out

    Firstly md5.h is not a part of the ISO C standard which is what this
    group prefers to discuss. Secondly I assume that either the SDK or a
    third party library is providing the MD5 routines. First read closely
    the documentation for your compiler or library. It may be that md5.h
    may be included in another file or may be under a different name.
    Failing this, do a filesystem search for md5.h.

    If the header is missing and you're *sure* that it should exist, then
    the only reasonable alternative is that your installation of the
    compiler or C library is corrupt.

    As they're so fond of saying in the Windows world: Do a reinstall and a
    reboot.
    santosh, Aug 30, 2006
  4. C

    Jack Klein Guest

    Jack Klein, Aug 31, 2006
  5. C

    Dann Corbit Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message
    >I am digesting a message using MD5 on windows platform..
    > I am using win xp ,sp-2,sdk-5
    > I am not able to locate md5.h file...
    > Help me out

    Probably, you want news:sci.crypt for md5 questions.

    I guess that you need to link to your crypto package (if -- indeed -- you
    have installed one), by defining the path for the header files and
    libraries.
    Most crypto packages will have an md5 implementation (e.g. libcrypt)

    Look at the prerequisites for the package you are trying to build.

    Your question is related to the C-FAQ's:

    10.11: I seem to be missing the system header file <sgtty.h>.
    Can someone send me a copy?

    A: Standard headers exist in part so that definitions appropriate
    to your compiler, operating system, and processor can be
    supplied. You cannot just pick up a copy of someone else's
    header file and expect it to work, unless that person is using
    exactly the same environment. Ask your compiler vendor why the
    file was not provided (or to send a replacement copy).

    Dann Corbit, Sep 5, 2006