Meaning of <xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">

renderman

Hi,

I looked through a computergenerated code because I had to edit
something manually.

I found this line:
<xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">

I don't get what this means.

Please help me.

David Carlisle

renderman said:
Hi,

I looked through a computergenerated code because I had to edit
something manually.

I found this line:
<xsl:when test="''='FALSE'">

I don't get what this means.

Please help me.

It tests if the empty string '' is equal to to the string 'FALSE' this
is legal but always false.

David

renderman

So for you this statement doesn't make any sense, either?

And what about this line:

<xsl:when test="concat('FALSE','')='FALSE'">

David Carlisle

renderman said:
So for you this statement doesn't make any sense, either?

The statement makes sense (it has well defined meaning) it just isn't
sensible to put it in a stylesheet.
And what about this line:

<xsl:when test="concat('FALSE','')='FALSE'">

That tests if concatenating the empty string to the string 'FALSE' is
equal to the string 'FALSE'. Again this is legal but not the most useful
test ever written, as it's always true.

David