    I mean what utillity should I use?

    I thought measuring the amount of data was a good thing to see potential
    performance problem...
    Jeff, Jun 3, 2009

  2. On Jun 3, 7:22 pm, "Jeff" <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > I'm wondering how to measure the amount of data sent from webserver to the
    > browser.
    >
    > I mean what utillity should I use?
    >
    > I thought measuring the amount of data was a good thing to see potential
    > performance problem...

    Did you try to use IIS log? You can find such information in the log
    files using MS Log Parser
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx

    or any other third-party tools

    Another option is to check Fiddler (www.fiddler2.com)?
    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 3, 2009

  3. Jeff

    Joy Guest

    Hi,

    By turning on the Trace for Website you should be able to see how many bytes
    are sent for each page.

    Could you elaborate more on what kind of Performance problems are you facing?

    regards,
    Joy

    Joy, Jun 4, 2009
  4. If you want to measure the page size, a control size, page life cycle, time
    between 2 code lines, etc. => Use Trace option
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/6915t83k.aspx)

    If you want to measure amount data exchange between server/client (browser),
    http traffic, javascript, image, render => Fiddler
    (http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/)

    Frédéric H, Jun 4, 2009