measuring amount fo data sent from webserver, how?

Jeff

Hi

asp.net 3.5

I'm wondering how to measure the amount of data sent from webserver to the
browser.

I mean what utillity should I use?

I thought measuring the amount of data was a good thing to see potential
performance problem...

Guest

Hi

asp.net 3.5

I'm wondering how to measure the amount of data sent from webserver to the
browser.

I mean what utillity should I use?

I thought measuring the amount of data was a good thing to see potential
performance problem...

Did you try to use IIS log? You can find such information in the log
files using MS Log Parser
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/logparser/default.mspx

or any other third-party tools

Another option is to check Fiddler (www.fiddler2.com)?

Joy

Hi,

By turning on the Trace for Website you should be able to see how many bytes
are sent for each page.

Could you elaborate more on what kind of Performance problems are you facing?

regards,
Joy