    hihihi
    wanadoo
    nl

    hihihi, Jan 4, 2007

  2. hihihi

    mlimber Guest

    hihihi wrote:
    > I want to measure the soundlevel when i am drilling or sawing in my hobby
    > room.
    >
    > I would like to use a microphone connected to the soundcard for this.
    >
    > How can you find the peak volume in a signal from the microphone ?
    >
    > Btw. it is for linux fedora core 5.

    You'll want to ask in a group about Linux. This group deals with the
    standard C++ *language* proper, not platform-dependent applications of
    it (which an interface to an arbitrary device is). See this FAQ for
    what is on-topic here and for a partial list of other places you might
    ask:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jan 4, 2007

  3. hihihi wrote:
    > I want to measure the soundlevel when i am drilling or sawing in my
    > hobby room.
    >
    > I would like to use a microphone connected to the soundcard for this.
    >
    > How can you find the peak volume in a signal from the microphone ?
    >
    > Btw. it is for linux fedora core 5.

    Wrong newsgroup. You should try 'comp.os.linux' hierarchy or some
    newsgroup with 'audio' in its name...

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 4, 2007