    Thanks,
    Ryan

    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > How do I receive input for pressing of the Play, Stop, Next, etc
    > buttons on my keyboard? (They don't seem to be in
    > java.awt.event.KeyEvent).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ryan

    IMO, these buttons are non-standard - hence not supported by java.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Nov 4, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > How do I receive input for pressing of the Play, Stop, Next, etc
    > buttons on my keyboard? (They don't seem to be in
    > java.awt.event.KeyEvent).

    This simple source indicates there is no keyboard
    event sent for the play/stop/next/previous keys of my
    'Genius'* media aware keyboard.

    * (shrugs vaguely) I think they are out of Taiwan,
    it was $25 at Woolies.

    <sscce>
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.awt.event.*;
    import javax.swing.*;

    class ListenType extends JFrame implements KeyListener {

    ListenType() {
    setDefaultCloseOperation( JFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE );
    setSize(400,400);
    JTextArea lbl = new JTextArea("Hi!");
    lbl.addKeyListener(this);
    getContentPane().add( lbl );