    service for authentication? I am trying to find a way to reduce coding.. and
    that seems like it would be a good fit to do simple authentication (a user
    would login using a login method and create a session that way) thanks!
    Smokey Grindle, May 7, 2007

  2. ASP.NET AJAX uses such a technique to handle role & memberships via ajax.
    Here's more info:
    http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ClientReference/Sys.Services/default.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 8, 2007

  3. what about using the built in asp.net 2.0 ones? I just need something to
    work with webservices to do role and membership managment

    "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Smokey Grindel, May 8, 2007
  4. That does use the built in ASP.NET 2.0 ones.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 8, 2007