    that my site can switch between using the development and production server's
    DB depending on where the site is current running.

    Thanks

    Erich Peterson, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Off the top of my head, I would start experimenting with setting up an
    additional provider and flip your site to that provider. A bit of a pain, of
    course.

    Another way to skin this cat is a custom provider that uses the default
    setup. You could then expose the actual connection string and configure on
    the fly.

    If I were architecting multiple applications in the Enterprise, I would
    consider, as an option, putting Membership for all in one database and use a
    single provider. You can use the application id to separate users. Have not
    done it in the work I am doing, but it would be something to experiment on.
    Not sure I would go that way, but it seems like a supported option.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 2, 2007