Memo snippet

Mike M

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have been looking everywhere on the forums and
all over the net but i cannot find anything about this.

I did find one tutorial ages ago but didnt have a use for it at the time.
What i would like to do is have a page that cycles through a database and
display lets say the last 5 new records. Then display the first 200
characters of a memo field and have a "more" link which opens the full
record in a detail page?

A good example is http://www.ananova.com/ But you dont click a "more" link
just the title of the news article.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.